i-NAF, through its members, has responsibility for the integrity of accredited natural certification activities. As such, we are committed to maintaining the trust and respect of our clients and the public at large through unquestionable integrity, honesty and ethical business conduct. i-NAF members have a responsibility to uphold this dedication to corporate ethics. In addition to the requirements of conduct created by this code, an i-NAF member shall comply with applicable laws and regulations both domestic and international. The key to the corporate integrity of i-NAF lies with all of us as follows:
1. An i-NAF member shall act impartially ensuring that it is independent in judgment and actions and take all reasonable steps to be satisfied as to the soundness of all decisions taken.
2. An i-NAF member shall act honestly, in good faith and in the best interests of i-NAF, not engaging in conduct likely to bring discredit upon i-NAF.
3. An i-NAF member shall use due care and diligence in fulfilling the functions of an i-NAF member and exercising the powers attached to its membership.
4. An i-NAF member shall inform the i-NAF Board via the i-NAF Secretary of any conflicts, or potential conflicts of interest, arising out of the fulfillment of its i-NAF membership duties and the responsibilities of membership.
5. An i-NAF member shall treat as confidential all information which is
a) obtained through its professional access to bodies subject to accreditation;
b) identified by the source from which it was obtained (including İ-NAF) as confidential.
Such confidential information remains the property of the source from which it was obtained; the i-NAF member shall not disclose it, or allow it to be disclosed to a third party or parties, unless that disclosure is required by law or has been authorized by the person from whom the information was received.
6. An i-NAF member shall contact the i-NAF Boardof Director via the i-NAF Secretary if it is in doubt with regard to a specific business conduct question, or would like to report an infraction.
The i-NAF Board of Director will promptly investigate, in accordance with the i-NAF Complaints’ Procedure, any alleged non-compliance with the Code.Application